During the last year a lot of contributions to Nagstamon contained many improvements and new features – so many, that a new major version number is justified. The changes include:
- added Kerberos authentification
- added increased security by taking TLS seriously
- added window mode
- added large OK label for fullscreen and window mode
- added click-somewhere-to-close-statuswindow mode
- added custom views to Check_MK
- added monitor type Monitos3
- added monitor type SNAG-View 3
- added monitor type Sensu
- switched to pyinstaller
Also several fixes were necessary:
- fixes statuswindow garbage when changing mode
- fixed filename bug
- fixed check for .Xauthority file
- fixes for Centreon
- fixes for Check_MK 1.4.0
- fixes for Zabbix
The new TLS awareness surely will cause some trouble for users with self-signed certificates or those whose CA is not contained in the certificate store coming with Nagstamon. Please see https://nagstamon.ifw-dresden.de/how-to-solve-trouble-with-self-signed-certificates/ for details.
Thanks to all of you for contributing code, patience for testing and packages.
Get your free copy at https://nagstamon.ifw-dresden.de/download.